AGING IN PLACE
At Star City Construction, we believe you should be able to stay in the residence of your choice for as long as possible. This is what the aging-in-place movement is all about: Creating a home that allows you to live the life you want and meets your changing needs as you age.
Star City Construction can assist you or your loved ones in preparing a safe, comfortable residence that will preserve your quality of life and enhance your enjoyment of these years. Whether you want to stay in the home where you raised your family, buy or build a new home, or choose a home in an active-lifestyle community for seniors, we can help.
So, what makes a home aging friendly? These are some of the most common modifications we make to existing homes, which can also be applied to new construction:
- Widening doorways to make it easier to navigate with a mobility aid, such as a walker, wheelchair or motorized device.
- Installing exterior or interior ramps for increased accessibility around steps.
- Adjusting kitchen and bath counter heights to allow for use from a seated position.
- Installing grab bars in the bathroom or replacing the tub with a walk-in model.
- Replacing flooring to reduce slip-and-trip hazards.
- Moving/replacing switches to increase accessibility.
Because Star City Construction owner Hunter Moore is also a licensed REALTOR®, he can also help your find a new home to meet your needs. Ask him about one-level living and the exciting opportunity available at Village Glen, Roanoke County’s newest active-lifestyle community for 55+ adults.